Aims & Ethos
Aims of Kingshill School
The school is a caring community of children and adults. Each individual should make a contribution to the life of the school and in turn may expect from it help and support.
There are six basic aims:
- To develop those skills which are necessary for life - in reading, writing, speaking, comprehension, computing, in physical and manual dexterity and in study methods such as individual research and co-operating with others.
- To help pupils derive pleasure and fulfilment from work in its widest sense and to enable them to obtain those formal qualifications, within the limits of their abilities, which are necessary for employment and further education.
- To develop an understanding of the world of work with all its implications.
- To enrich the lives of pupils, by stimulating their interests, widening their horizons and giving scope for creative activities in anticipation of increased leisure time.
- To help pupils understand themselves, those around them and giving scope for creative activities in anticipation of increased leisure time.
- To help pupils grow into mature, moral people who are able to discuss what is good, true and of value, who will appreciate spiritual as well as material matters and who will strive to make the world they inherit a better one.
Ethos of Kingshill School
The School Ethos is:-
- Show RESPECT to all pupils, staff, personal property and for our school.
- All pupils are EQUAL and deserve equal attention.
- LISTEN to each other and value everyone’s contributions.
- Come to lessons EQUIPPED and READY to learn.
- HELP each other learn.