School Sport Code of Conduct
We would like to take this opportunity to present an important message from our School and the Physical Education Faculty.
At Cirencester Kingshill School the support and positive contributions from all our pupils’ parents and carers is very much appreciated and valued. By behaving positively when supporting school sport we are all encouraging our pupils to do the same. By setting a good example, we help maintain a supportive environment in which everyone can enjoy themselves whilst demonstrating the core values that underpin sport. Teamwork, discipline, sportsmanship and respect are these core values that we all have a responsibility to promote within school sport and our own communities.
Cirencester Kingshill School has adopted the following code of conduct that applies to all spectators of a school sport fixture or event. Please play your part and support the following Sport Spectator Code of Respect:
- Have fun; it’s what we’re all here for
- Celebrate effort and good play from both sides
- Always respect the Referee and Coaches and encourage players to do the same
- Stay behind the touchline and within the Designated Spectators’ Area (where provided)
- When players make mistakes, offer them encouragement to try again next time
- Never engage in, or tolerate, offensive, insulting or abusive language or behaviour
Please understand that if this code is not followed, the following action may be applied by the school:
- Issued with a verbal warning.
- Required to meet with the school management team and Child Protection Officer
- Obliged to undertake a sporting governing body education course
- Requested not to attend future fixtures
- Required to leave the school site.
Thank you for all your continued and highly valued support. We appreciate the part you play in helping to maintain our expected high standards within school sport at Kingshill School.
Mr P Hamblin Mr S Pritchard
Head of Physical Education Deputy Headteacher